Sweet Treat: Sparkly Lollipops
Prepare yourself to feel like the sweetest valentine EVER — you can make your own lollipops!!
FYI, this little project will make you feel like a youthful Martha. You’ll be high-fiving yourself and every friend of yours that will feel both awe and confusion when you spill your DIY secrets.
This sweet treat will make hearts flutter everywhere. Here’s how to spoil everyone you love…
MAKES 10 LOLLIPOPS | 1/4 c water | 1 c sugar | 6 tbsp light corn syrup | food coloring | flavoring [optional] | sparkles or decorations | lollipop mold | lollipop sticks | thermometer
- Heat sugar, water + corn syrup in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves and bring to a boil.
- Insert a thermometer + bring mixture to 285-degrees. Once reached, take saucepan off heat. Add food coloring + flavoring [depending on how dark you want the lollipop]. Stir.
- Spray mold with non-stick spray + sprinkle sparkles into each heart.
- Pour mixture into molds + add a lollipop stick to each slot. Coat the entire end of the stick.
- Let lollipops set at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then, place them in the refrigerator for another 5 minutes to make it easier to pop each lollipop out of its mold.
- ENJOY! To serve, wrap each lollipop in a small cellophane bag with festive ties.