Golden DIY: Thanksgiving Place Cards
It’s about that time! We’ve got the prettiest DIY project for you today: Thanksgiving place cards draped in gold. They’re festive, fun and easy to create ahead of tomorrow’s celebration.
You know I love a beautiful table setting. A handful of gold pumpkins, pears and leaves will add another element of pretty to your celebrations. Plus, you’ll totally impress your family.
Not hosting this year? You can skip the names, and use the pieces as decor.
PUMPKIN PLACE CARDS
Small Pumpkins | Metallic Spray Paint | Long Wooden Skewers | Flat Place Cards (or cardstock) | Scotch Tape
- Spray paint all pumpkins + let dry.
- Write name on place card.
- Tape place card to top of wooden skewer.
- Stick wooden skewer into pumpkin, near the stem.
PEAR PLACE CARDS
Pears | Metallic Spray Paint | Medium Wooden Skewers | Twine | Gift Tags
- Spray paint all pears + let dry.
- Write names on gift tags.
- Tie gift tag to wooden skewer with twine. I used toothpicks with loops at the end to make this easier.
- Stick skewer into the pear near the stem.
LEAF PLACE CARDS
Leaves [fake leaves will be stronger] | Metallic Spray Paint | Cardstock | Double-sided Tape
- Spray paint all leaves + let dry.
- Cut 1/2 in. strips of cardstock and write one name on the right side of each strip.
- Wrap the strip around the stem of the leaf and seal with double-sided tape.