My Capsule Travel Wardrobe
Going, going, going… lately I spend half my life on an airplane. Between work and family trips, I know my around an airport! Whether it be New York, Sydney, Paris, San Francisco, or London (this week!!) — the past year has brought me around the world. I’ve also gotten (really) good at packing so that I’m efficient and not over-stuffing my suitcases with too many options.
I’m currently headed to London in celebration of launching Summer Fridays at Selfridges (YAY!) It’s been something we’ve been really excited about and planning hard for. The best part is — the whole family is coming this time!! I don’t typically travel with Evan for work anymore, because I can be a lot more productive/efficient if I go solo and get the job done. But this time, we decided to all go together, and then head to Italy afterwards on a family vacation. It will be our first family trip out of the country — sooo… wish me luck!
Back to packing… I’ve found that a capsule wardrobe is the key — keep the pieces you bring to a minimum, make sure an item serves multiple purposes, and pack in a similar color palette so everything can be swapped in various ways! This is especially helpful to me, because I’m too indecisive to overpack. If I have an event, etc., I’ll pack a specific look that’s usually only worn for that day, but overall my accessories, shoes, and so on are worn multiple times.
I keep everything else to my favorite basics. Think white tees (that can be worn tucked in or knotted), nude heels that match everything, a pair of sneakers, an elevated head scarf or headband that hides dirty hair, and a bag that can be worn day to night…
- 1. CALPAK SUITCASE or AWAY SUITCASE | This rose gold suitcase is so chic.
- 2. APL SNEAKERS | I always bring a pair of sneakers because working out is the best jet lag cure!
- 3. SINCERELY JULES HEADBAND | This headband is perfect for masking dirty hair on long travel days!
- 4. MANSUR GAVRIEL TOTE | I love a big tote that doubles as my carry-on and my work bag (or diaper bag if Ev tags along)!
- 5. MADEWELL CASHMERE SWEATS | These cozy sweats are perfect for flying.
- 6. TOPSHOP SWEATER | I always pack a white sweater like this one – you can pair it with anything and pack fewer pieces! It also goes well with sneaks or heels.
- 7. CUYANA BAG | I love a cross body bag for travel – so nice to be hands free!
- 8. DL1961 PANTS | My favorite high rise white jeans. I always invest in tailoring my jeans so I can wear them with anything. You can mix and match different tops/shoes to create a few different looks.
- 9. M.GEMI SNEAKERS | I always pack a cute pair of sneakers I can walk in.
- 10. GIANVITO ROSSI PUMPS | Love a nude pump that I can pair with everything. This pair is so comfortable and worth the investment – I wear them all the time!
- 11. HANES X KARLA TEE | The perfect basic, I wear this tucked in for meetings and knotted for the days off.
- 12. AWE INSPIRED NECKLACE | I think layered gold necklaces elevate any outfit and really pull a look together. I’ve been living in this one lately!