Quick DIY Halloween Costumes
No Halloween costume yet?? That’s me… every. single. year. Cue the Google searches, glue-gun disasters and ghostly sheets. I mean, really…. why do we do this to ourselves?!
Consider this a costume cheat sheet that doesn’t require tons of time, money, or insane DIY skills [thank god]. Here are three last-minute ideas you can all recreate. Best part? You can dress these up or down, depending on whether you need to be kid-friendly, or dressed for an adults-only party.
Sorry, Hollywood. You gave us material that was way too good not to use this year.
- Browse magazines for photos of Hollywood couples who have called it quits
- Cut out half-heart shapes around the heartbroken celebs
- Glue all of these half-hearts to red construction paper (using a glue stick or glue gun) leaving about half an inch of space around each shape.
- Cut out all of the half-hearts so they have consistent red borders
- Glue the broken hearts all over your white tee. We also added some red broken hearts.
- Draw a teardrop under your eye using blue eyeliner. Outline in black for a more dramatic look.
KITTENS AND SPIDERS AND BEARS, OH MY!
You’ll need: animal ears [or wings], black eyeliner, red lipstick, bodysuit [available at American Apparel]
- Decide on your animal. In this case, I chose a black cat.
- Apply whiskers, a nose and winged eyeliner using a black makeup pencil. I also added a bold red lip to make the look feel more mature.
- Throw on solid-colored bodysuit or leggings and a top you already own.
VERY RISKY BUSINESS
Sure, it’s been done a million times before. But it’s SO simple and appropriately sexy.
Simply throw on a button-down [with spandex shorts underneath], tube socks [+ white tennies] and a pair of black sunnies. Sing and dance all night!
Photos by Annie Shak