Glowing into Fall | Best Self-Tanners
Confession: I LOVE self-tanners. A good tan makes me feel better about everything. My skin feels more glowy, makeup looks better on, and honestly I even feel better getting dressed in the morning with a little color on my skin (LOL)!! Sounds silly, but it’s so true for me!
The only hiccup is that not all self-tanners are created equal. A bad tanning wipe can make you look like a splotchy version of Big Bird in the morning. Trust me, I know from experience.
As we dip into fall and slip away from long beach days, I start indulging in my favorite tanning products more. After years (literally, YEARS) of searching for a cleaner self-tanner, I finally found one I really love. It’s by Isle of Paradise, and all of their products have the CLEAN at Sephora seal, which is so hard to find with tanning products. Plus, they don’t make me blotchy the next day.
I also shared more of my favorites below — they are not all clean, but they have become my go-to’s for avoiding blotchiness (and they’re super easy to apply). I think certain brands work best for different skin tones – so sometimes it’s just a matter of trial and error to see what works.
P.S. while we’re on the topic of sunshine, I wear Supergoop’s Unseen Sunscreen everyday for protection – it’s the best SPF for under makeup because it goes on completely clear and has a matte finish. You will LOVE!
- 1. Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Water – My favorite self-tanner because not only is it made with CLEAN and natural ingredients, it really works! The color is perfectly bronze and developed so quickly. Shop it HERE.
- 2. Kate Somerville Tanning Towelettes – The best quick tan. Perfect for a last minute event, use in the morning and done! The formula is actually on the towelettes and makes for a super streak free tan. Shop them HERE.
- 3. Tan Luxe Illuminating Self-Tan Drops – This product feels more like a serum than a tanner. Use at night just like you would any other serum on your face. You wake up looking like you are wearing full bronzer! Perfect for waking up after those long, sleepless nights with Evan. One of my favorite products for moms on the go. Shop it HERE.
- 4. St. Tropez Self Tan Mousse – This product is such a classic. I’ve been using it off and on for years. I love this mousse for after a spray tan. It seamlessly makes your spray tan last so much longer! Be sure to use tanning gloves to blend in. Shop it HERE.
- 5. Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – The most natural glow! This is perfect if you just want a touch of bronze. I love to use it every other day for just a little bit of glow or to enhance a tan even further. Shop it HERE.